REFINITIV ALUMNI PRIVACY STATEMENT
Your privacy and trust are important to the Alumni team at Refinitiv. This Privacy Statement (the "Statement") governs how Refinitiv (“we”, “us” or “our”) process personal information about you in the context of the Refinitiv Alumni Network. It also provides information about your rights and about how you can contact us if you have questions about how we handle your information
WHO THIS STATEMENT APPLIES TO AND WHAT IT COVERS +
WHO WE ARE +
SOURCES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION +
WHAT TYPES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT +
HOW WE USE PERSONAL INFORMATION +
LEGITIMATE INTERESTS FOR USE +
HOW WE SHARE PERSONAL INFORMATION +
INTERNATIONAL TRANSFERS +
HOW WE SECURE PERSONAL INFORMATION +
HOW LONG WE KEEP PERSONAL INFORMATION +
YOUR RIGHTS +
COOKIES AND SIMILAR TECHNOLOGIES +
HOW TO CONTACT US +
UPDATES TO THIS STATEMENT +
This Statement applies to users of this Website and the other services of the Refinitiv Alumni Network
Depending on the Service, we may provide additional or different privacy statements or notices for specific interactions you have with us or to highlight how we use your personal information for specific Services. Where we do this, it will be clear which statements apply to which interactions and Services.
Within our Services, there may be links to third-party websites or applications. We are not responsible for the content or privacy compliance of third party websites or applications. You should check those websites or applications for their privacy statements and terms that apply to them.
Children’s Privacy. Our Services are not generally aimed at children. In the limited circumstances where we may collect and use personal information about children, we will comply with industry guidelines and applicable laws.
Refinitiv Alumni Network is a global community where both current and former employees of Refinitiv are provided access to various benefits, including news, updates and events, as well as other information relevant to those connected with the Alumni Network.
We obtain personal information from you:
- through your interactions with us and our Services, such as, for account verification when you register with us or for other benefits, register you to attend an event, to send out newsletter and marketing communications, for recruitment and business development purposes, to process and organise any mentoring, volunteering or speaking activity you have agreed to undertake for us and to keep a record of communications between you and us
- through your system/device and use of our Services. Our servers, logs and other technologies automatically collect system/device and usage information to help us administer, protect and improve our Services, analyze usage and improve users’ experience
- through cookies and similar technologies included on our Services.
We also collect personal information about you from third parties such as:
- partners and service providers who work with us in relation to your Service
- publicly available sources such as public websites, open government databases or other data in the public domain, to help us maintain data accuracy and provide and enhance the Services
The type of personal information we collect depends on how you are interacting with us and which Services you are purchasing or using.
The personal information we may collect consists of the following:
- Name and contact data, such as, first and last name, email address, postal address, phone number, and other similar contact data
- Account credentials, such as, passwords and other security information for authentication and access
- User content, such as, communications and files provided by you in relation to your use of the Services
- Device information, such as, information about your device, such as IP address, location or provider
- Usage information and browsing history, such as, information about how you navigate within our Services, your browsing history and which elements of our Services you use the most
- Location data, for Services with location-enhanced features. If we need your consent to collect geo-location data, we will collect this separately
- Demographic information, such as, your country, and preferred language
- CCTV, if you visit us or attend a Refinitiv event
We process personal information about you on the basis that it is:
- necessary for the performance of a contract: where we will process your personal information in order to fulfil that contract (i.e., to provide you with Services)
- in our or a third parties’ legitimate interests: details of those legitimate interests are set out in more detail below
- where you give us your consent
- for compliance with a legal obligation (e.g., to respond to a court order or a regulator)
We use personal information for a number of legitimate interests, including
- to set up and administer your account, provide technical and customer support and training, verify your identity, and send important account, subscription and Service information
- to administer our relationship with you, our business partners and our third-party providers
- to deliver and suggest tailored content such as news, newsletters, research and other related information
- to personalize your experience with our Services
- to contact you in relation to, and conduct, surveys or polls you choose to take part in and to analyze the data collected for market research purposes
- to display information you choose to post, share, upload or make available in chat rooms, messaging services, and community and event forums (including in community and event profiles) and for related collaboration, peer connection, games and information exchange
- for internal research and development purposes and to improve, test and enhance the features and functions of our Services
- to provide you with marketing communications
- to meet our internal and external audit requirements, including our information security obligations
- to enforce our terms and conditions
- to protect our rights, privacy, safety, networks, systems and property, or those of other persons
- for the prevention, detection or investigation of a crime or other breach of law or requirement, loss prevention or fraud
- to comply with requests from courts, law enforcement agencies, regulatory agencies, and other public and government authorities, including where they are outside your country of residence
- in order to exercise our rights, and to defend ourselves from claims and to comply with laws and regulations that apply to us or third parties with whom we work
Where we rely on legitimate interests as a lawful ground for processing your personal information, we balance those interests against your interests, fundamental rights and freedoms.
We deliver marketing and event communications to you across various platforms such as email, telephone, text messaging, direct mail and online. Where required by law, we will ask you to explicitly opt in to receive marketing from us. If we send you a marketing communication, it will include instructions on how to opt out of receiving these communications in the future.
We share your information for the purposes set out in this Statement, with the following categories of recipients:
- business partners with whom we deliver co-branded Services, provide content, or to host events, conferences and seminars
- third parties that help us deliver Services or act on our behalf
- third parties where we have a duty to or are permitted to disclose your personal information by law (e.g., government agencies, law enforcement, courts and other public authorities)
- third parties where reasonably required to protect our rights, users, systems and Services (e.g., legal counsel and information security professionals)
- any person you have asked us to share information with (e.g., if you upload information into a public forum it is shared publicly)
We have appropriate measures in place to ensure that when your personal information is transferred internationally, it is subject to appropriate safeguards in accordance with data protection laws.
When we transfer personal information internationally, we put in place safeguards in accordance with applicable law (including Articles 44 to 50 of the EU General Data Protection Regulation). If you would like to know more about our data transfer practices and obtain copies of any relevant safeguarding measures, please contact our Privacy Team.
We take the security of personal information seriously and we use appropriate information security policies and procedures to protect personal information (including administrative, technical and physical safeguards) according to the risk level and the service provided including changes in technology and regulatory requirements.
We retain your information in accordance with our enterprise records retention schedule. We calculate retention periods for your personal information in accordance with the length of time necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for including any legal and regulatory obligations
You may have rights under European and other laws to have access to your personal information and to ask us to rectify, erase and restrict use of, your personal information. You may also have rights to object to your personal information being used, to ask for the transfer of personal information you have made available to us and to withdraw consent to the use of your personal information. These rights are not absolute, and they do not always apply in all cases. In order to exercise your rights please visit this site.
CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
The California Consumer Privacy Notice supplements this Privacy Statement and applies solely to California users.
If you have any questions, comments, complaints or suggestions in relation to data protection or this Statement, or any other concerns about the way in which we process information about you, please contact our Privacy Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or at Privacy Office, Refinitiv, 30 South Colonnade-Canary Wharf, London E14 5EP, United Kingdom. For escalating your query if still unhappy, please contact our Data Protection Officer at email@example.com
This Statement may be subject to updates. Any material future changes or additions to the processing of personal information as described in this Statement affecting you will be communicated to you through an appropriate channel.